- Human frame - our bodies and how they move, position, and function. Collectively known as the musculoskeletal system.
- Diet - The idea of food as medicine to help fuel this vehicle we call the human body.
- Prevention of disease - Finding, defining, and applying a healthy lifestyle.
Chiro means “hand” from the Greek word cheir and Practor means “done by” from the Greek word praktos. Therefore, as a chiropractor I’m trained in hands-on assessment and treatment of the human body.
I believe that chiropractic care is the perfect response to physical pain. There is nothing more powerful than highly skilled hands-on assessment and treatment which I like to collectively call manual medicine. I have yet to see anything quicker, more precise, or more effective in allowing:
- Restricted joints to roll and glide
- Shortened muscles to lengthen
- Immobile fascia and connective tissue to function
I believe in training movement over training strength.
A healthy body likes to move and position itself well. When dysfunction is treated through hands-on care, the body can then be trained in proper movement. By combining manual medicine with corrective exercises or what I like to call movement medicine we get an ideal pattern of mobility and stability in the human frame.
The type of chiropractic that I practice is ideal for those experiencing physical pain and who want their bodies to move and function better. Pain and/or a sense tension, feeling stuck, restricted, bound, stiff, inflexible, or tight are all well addressed with chiropractic care.
Chiropractors use a variety of treatments to accomplish this.
Such treatments include:
- joint manipulation
- physical therapy modalities
- patient education
- manual therapy
- rehabilitation exercises
The right chiropractic care addresses each patient's unique situation.
As chronic pain continues to rise within the US healthcare system, chiropractors utilize proven methods to reduce pain and disability without the need for medications and surgery in most cases.
Here are four responsibilities of a chiropractor:
- The main responsibly to the patient is to put the patient first. It's part of our commitment as healthcare providers.
- Following a complete assessment, a chiropractor's training allows them to find the main source of pain and play a part in finding a solution.
- Chiropractors determine and select the right treatment. This may differ for every patient. The goal is to resolve problems as quickly as possible.
- As a profession, by providing natural, conservative treatment, we believe that chiropractors are a part of the solution to the opioid epidemic.