- Human frame - our bodies and how they move, position, and function. Collectively known as the musculoskeletal system.
- Diet - The idea of food as medicine to help fuel this vehicle we call the human body.
- Prevention of disease - Finding, defining, and applying a healthy lifestyle.
Chiro means “hand” from the Greek word cheir and Practor means “done by” from the Greek word praktos. Therefore, as a chiropractor I’m trained in hands-on assessment and treatment of the human body.
I believe that chiropractic care is the perfect response to physical pain. There is nothing more powerful than highly skilled hands-on assessment and treatment which I like to collectively call manual medicine. I have yet to see anything quicker, more precise, or more effective in allowing:
- Restricted joints to roll and glide
- Shortened muscles to lengthen
- Immobile fascia and connective tissue to function
I believe in training movement over training strength.
A healthy body likes to move and position itself well. When dysfunction is treated through hands-on care, the body can then be trained in proper movement. By combining manual medicine with corrective exercises or what I like to call movement medicine we get an ideal pattern of mobility and stability in the human frame.
The type of chiropractic that I practice is ideal for those experiencing physical pain and who want their bodies to move and function better. Pain and/or a sense tension, feeling stuck, restricted, bound, stiff, inflexible, or tight are all well addressed with chiropractic care.